The Sixth Form experience . . .
The Woodrush Sixth Form experience is not just about what happens in the classroom. We want to make sure that every student has a range of enrichment and personal development activities that they can participate in around the school and in the wider community.
Some of these opportunities include:
- A bespoke programme of additional academic enrichment qualifications - EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) and ASDAN (Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network).
- Membership of the Gym and classes at Woodrush Community Hub at reduced rates.
- Working as a mentor for children lower down the school.
- Organising and supporting fundraising events for charities like ‘Children in Need’ and ‘Macmillan Cancer Support’.
- Attending University organised courses and open days.
- Completing work experience placements linked to possible career pathways.
- Numerous social outings (theatre, cinema, outdoor activity centres – etc).
- Going on a range of school trips and residentials (including trips to the Houses of Parliament, the Gadget Show, the Clothes Show, a sightseeing tour of London and the biannual trip to New York – etc.)
NEW YORK 2023
We will be visiting New York in 2023 - Sign up now!
Please read the letters below to find out more.